Are you interested in exploring a really beautiful place for which India is well-known? Did you know that Guwahati in Assam offers amazing scenic beauty? For all those of you out there looking for a green respite from the dull and grey city life, Guwahati is truly a place that you should plan your holiday to.
Bengaluru has a tiring life where people run from home to work and back home again, hardly getting a breather for months. Sometimes in order to be able to function properly, it is important to take a nice break and if you are looking forward to visiting a city that is completely different from Bengaluru, then Guwahati is a very good option.
How to plan a trip to Guwahati from Bengaluru?
It is quite a distance between the two cities and hence in order to save time it is best that you start off planning your trip by taking a look at the various Bengaluru to Guwahati flight fares. The earlier you book your flight, the cheaper the price will be. It is important to understand that if you want to spend more time at the destination rather than on commuting, always opt for a flight. Make arrangements for your stay as well. And most importantly, you should have a list of all the places that you want to visit there ready with you!
So, let us take a look at some of the places that you have to visit when in Guwahati:
- Kamakhya temple: This is considered to be one of the most auspicious temples by Hindus. Believed to be one of the many Shakti peethas, devotees gather to pray at the feet of the Goddess. The temple remains closed for five days, since it is believed that she is menstruating during that period, after which a grand festival is held, opening the temple to the world again.
- Nehru Park: Are you looking for a place to relax and take a stroll with your family or significant other? Well then head out to this overdose of greenery, right in the city. A beautiful haven it is also a budding place for different cultural activities. An open air theatre is also present in the park where you might catch different performances from time to time.
- Guwahati zoo: Every region has its own fauna and the best way to capture it while being in a metropolitan is visiting the zoo. So, if you want to explore some of the most famous animals that this region boasts of do pay a visit to the Guwahati zoo.
- Madan Kamdev: If you have a particular fascination with heritage and archaeologically significant sites, then this is a must visit place for you. Located a few kilometers away from the main area of the city, this one promises to be really interesting.
- Pobitora Wildlife sanctuary: When checking for cheap flights from Bengaluru to Guwahati do make plans of visiting this sanctuary if you are particularly inclined towards wildlife.
Guwahati has a lot to offer and in order to know what exactly in store, it is best that you plan a trip to this city in Assam, at the earliest!