No matter how you suffered your serious personal injury (auto accident, workplace injury, concert or sporting event mishap, store fall or slip etc.) at the hands of someone’s negligence, you’re hurting in several ways.
First, there is the obvious physical pain that you are dealing with, mobility issues that could very well end up leading to a long rehab period, rehab that could lead to missed work and more.
Secondly, you have to battle the emotional pain that comes with any serious injury. This includes worrying about how you might pay your bills (medical and other) over the long run.
Lastly, there is the pain of feeling left out at times when it comes to the fun things in life, notably get-togethers with family and friends. While you may try to partake in these events, the physical pain you are dealing with may very well prevent you from doing so.
That said it is important to not let the negligent party or parties responsible for your personal injuries walk free.
Although you likely can’t (and shouldn’t) seek physical vengeance, going out and hiring a personal injury attorney is certainly a smart thing to do.
In order to do that, however, you need a starting point.
Use the Internet to Start Your Search
Whether searching for a personal injury attorney in Durham, NC or closer to home, keep these three tips in mind to finding the right one:
With countless legal pros realizing they need to actively market their services on the Internet these days, many consumers requiring a personal injury attorney start their search with the worldwide web.
In the event you do so, be sure to look at each attorney’s set of qualifications. These include:
- Experience – How long have they been in the legal arena? Do they have a track record of producing winning results for their clients?
- Service – Given how traumatized you likely already are with your injuries, the last thing you need is little cooperation from your personal injury attorney. Customer service should always be a top priority.
- Testimonials – Finally, what other clients are saying about an attorney certainly does matter. Along with client testimonials on an attorney’s webpage, look to see what is being said about them in forums and on social media.
Turning those you know who’ve used personal injury attorneys in the past certainly helps too.
For instance, if you have an outside family member or friend who was seriously injured due to someone’s negligence, which legal services did they turn to?
Ask those you know the following questions about their legal choices:
- Did the personal injury attorney of choice seem truly engaged in their case?
- Did he or she take the time to get to know the client as a person, not just as a potential paycheck?
- Did the attorney follow up with their client after the case, seeing how they were doing?
In many instances, it is the little things that end up making or breaking a personal injury lawsuit.
When your attorney of choice truly seems interested in you and getting you the best outcome possible, he or she should be highly recommended.
Another option you have is turning to periodicals, radio and television ads etc. to find the best personal injury attorney for your needs.
Even though the Internet has definitely taken over in a big way, many attorneys still opt for traditional means of advertising their services.
When you see a personal injury attorney on television, he or she may include a client testimonial or two as part of their ad. Listen carefully and determine if that client seems to be speaking from the heart or is just doing a pitch.
You can also find many attorneys still advertising in newspapers and magazines, both of which can reach countless potential clients.
If and when the time comes for you to work with a personal injury attorney, make sure you explore all advertising and marketing options available to come up with the right legal pro.