Photo credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/playing-cards-beside-poker-chips-and-dice-163828/
It just seems that the number of women making amazing achievements in the sphere of poker keeps increasing with each transitory year. We now have a long list of women players who have done the unusual to take the top places in the records of a game that is well-known to be dominated by men and becoming unforgettable names in the poker world. This actually says a lot about why the poker game keeps increasing in popularity among women as portrayed in Betsson casino review online, offline and on other scenes for live poker. For this reason, we would take a break to look at some of the women that have made their names known in the realm of poker.
Some of the finest women poker players around the globe
– Vanessa Selbst: It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say this American player is the most prosperous expert female player in history. She has won over nine million dollars as accolade money in competitions. Some of her triumphs include a twenty-five thousand dollars PCA High Roller title alongside a 1.4 million dollars first prize back in 2013. Vanessa came first in competitions including two Main Events of NAPT, Main Event of Partouche Poker Tour, as well as two Poker World Series bracelets.
– Kathy Liebert: This is one lady that has frequented the World Series Poker up to about two decades. She made her debut final table at WSOP in 1997. Kathy recorded several results for World Poker Tour including four distinctive cash outs of over 250 thousand dollars. One of the highlights of her career was the 1 million dollar prize she got for the leading position in the Party Poker Million sometime in the year 2002.
– Jennifer Harman: This is a woman that has claimed the title of the first woman to accomplish two WSOP gold bracelets to her name. Among the likes of No Limit Deuce to Seven Lowball event (added to her title because she had never before played this type of poker) in the year 2000 and acquiring 5 thousand dollars Hold’em Even in the year 2002. Some people prefer to call her a cash game contestant where she competed on High Stakes Poker and portraying outstanding skills when turning her hand to tournaments. A player that could manage to claim two Bracelets from the World Series of Poker in two varying poker types. The highest record of cash out was confirmed in a 2005 WSOP Circuit tournament, where she came second after winning about three hundred and eighty-three thousand dollars.
More: Computers beating world poker champs
– Annie Duke: She, so far remains the only female to claim the NBC National Heads-Up Poker Competition. Even as she has been reported to stay off live tournaments of late, this is a woman that can boast of many strings to her bow. She sure knows how to hold it down with the best in the game with her recording as one of the Titleholders in the WSOP event in the year 2004 winning two million dollars against an entire pool of stars not excluding Howard Lederer who is her brother.
– Liv Boeree: This is a lady that began her profession in poker after she clocked 21 years of age and concluding her studies in Astrophysics. She was the champion of the Main Even of the European Poker Tour in the year 2010 at San Remo, taking home one million two hundred and fifty thousand euros. This made her the third female to claim the EPT title. The cash outs she has made from competitions at live events would worth over two million dollars.
These are just a few of these great ladies in the poker world of fame. Their accomplishments are just a confirmation to the saying that ‘what a man can do, a woman can do better.
You might also enjoy: Plan a legendary stag night